Senior Cloud Engineer
We are looking for a driven Senior Cloud Engineer with a passion for providing exceptional service and outcomes to customers to join our team.
We are a consulting and managed services company, laser-focused on providing exceptional cloud, cyber security and data solutions to our customers.
Are you are a forward thinker and have the ability to see the big picture? Like being ahead of the game? Come and join us!
This is a customer facing support and project role dedicated in our Managed Services business unit. As a key member of the team, you will support our customer environments and fulfill all day-to-day level 3 and 4 support tickets, service request and escalations for our customers’ cloud and hybrid environments. You will take ownership of all incoming support tickets, grow our relationships with our customers, and providing expert technical brilliance.
In addition, you will be responsible for the delivery of smaller projects initiatives, ensuring knowledge base is maintained / updated and providing our customers with the best possible end-to-end service.
- Address and resolve incidents and service requests; log all incidents and requests; engage other service desk resources
- Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress
- Provide operational support and technical escalation
- Manage and monitor all systems ensuring the highest levels of availability
- Take ownership of support request and releases
- Deliver continued, secure and highly available systems
- Assist in deriving cloud and automation capability and offerings
- Timely delivery of Managed Services related projects. e.g. Azure workload migrations, Office 365 migrations, security and best practice reviews
- Peer review documentation
- Complete status reports
- Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring of customer technical staff and other Xello technical staff as required
- Participate in Marketing initiatives such as technical blogs
What we are looking for
- Support, implementation and migration knowledge and proven experience in the following:
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Windows Server & Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Active Directory / Azure AD
- Linux experience an advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in a support role, ideally managed services, multi client environments
- Broad experience and knowledge in hybrid and cloud technologies, across networking, virtualisation and security
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Certified (AZ103 or AZ104) is preferred
- Experience with AWS is advantageous
- Strong desire and passion to obtain industry-based certifications
- Able to work autonomously and use initiative to achieve desired outcomes;
- Proactive approach to problem solving; naturally inquisitive problem solver with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Likes to explore new challenges, but also know when guidance from someone with more domain experience is required and not burn time
- Excellent collaboration skills; work well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; great ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management skills – ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form with both colleagues and customers, including excellent listening skills
- Reliable and accountable
- Able to show empathy; calm and capable conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated and result-driven
- Well-organised, adaptable and flexible, proactive with a high attention to detail
- Has an automation not repetition approach
- Competitive salary
- Training & Certifications – access to on-line training platforms, exam vouchers & tech sessions
- Flexible working environment
- Monthly team meet-ups – we share our successes, plans and socialise
- Regular team lunches and Friday social events
- Well-stocked fridge, barista-style coffee, fruits and snacks in the office
- Employee Referral Program – refer a friend and receive $$$$ as a big thank you!
We have a start-up feel, with huge focus on our values. We possess the drive to be better through continuous learning, and as a team, we work smart to be creative in generating ideas, ensuring we make our customers successful in the digital world.
We have a fun, collaborative and supportive environment. We enjoy games of billiards in the office. We like our GIFs for a laugh and have a fair bit of friendly banter too. We like our food and drinks. We also do regular events and host community meet-ups. We back each other and empower everyone every step the way.
We are building our talented team based on teamwork, inclusivity and innovation. It’s a work smart, play hard kind of place!
We embody team spirit to deliver remarkable outcomes in the industry. We respect and support each other promoting open and honest communication, proactively sharing important information, we listen and are solution-focused.
The Big Picture
We are big picture people who think of ideas, solutions and opportunities. We tackle complex challenges head-on, and think outside the box. We keep focused on the ultimate goal.
We think three steps ahead, to ensure we are always on top of what we do.
We have the attitude to do well and be better, every step of the way. We embrace continuous learning and be ahead of the game. We aim high and take pride on making sure our ideas become a reality.
We re-define problems as opportunities, with a can-do attitude and the energy to match.